Celebrating its 20th anniversary the highly anticipated World Gourmet Summit, Singapore, included a special signature events named WGS Farmers’ Market and WGS 20 Best Chefs' featuring a stellar line-up of 20 top chefs to add further definition of Asia as a food destination.
More than 600 guests came to World Gourmet Summit Farmers’ Market at CulinaryOn Singapore. The two day WGS 20 Best Chefs were hold between April 16 and 17 2016, forming the highlight of the wider surrounding gastronomic festival scheduled to enthuse foodies for a whole month from March 28 to April 24.
A glorious feast of events brought together a stellar cast of international culinary stars, home-grown talents, visiting industry personalities and discerning individuals in search of fine wines and food.
20 Top chefs line-up included:
1. Christopher Millar, Stellar at 1-Altitude Reto Mathis, St Moritz,
2. Andre Chiang, Restaurant Andre
3. Sam Aisbett, Whitegrass
4. Daniel Chavez, Ola Cocina Del Mar Remy Lefebvre, El Mero Mero
5. Ivan Brehm, Bacchanalia “Hatch” (Kenjiro Hashida), Hashida
6. Julien Royer, Odette
7. Kirk Westaway, Jaan
8. Lino Sauro, Gattopardo Ristorante di Mare Yohhei Sasaki, Forlino
9. Ryan Clift, Tippling Club
10. David Pynt, Burnt Ends
11. Javed Ahamad, Punjab Grill Gurpreet Singh Gehdu, Punjab Grill
12. Patrick Heuberger, Casse Croute
13. Malcolm Lee, Candlenut
14. Wanthana Nikonsaen, Tamarind Hill Petty Elliott, Petty Elliott’s Kitchen
15. Sebastien Lefort, At-Sunrice GlobalChef Academy
16. Violet Oon, National Kitchen
17. Han Li Guang, Restaurant Labyrinth
18. Sebastien Lepinoy, Les Amis Cheryl Koh, Les Amis
19. Willin Low, Wild Rocket
20. John See, Lee Kum Kee