A smell of lemongrass, ginger, cardamon, curry powder and a mild taste of jasmine rice and coconut milk... Thai cuisine is always easy to recognize and definitely hard to forget. If you fall in love with it, it`s not necessary to go to Thailand - just come to Thai cooking class at CulinaryOn.
Combining the traditions of China, India and Europe, Thai cuisine has its own unique taste with lots of spices and herbs. Like any other oriental cuisine it has a mixture of salty, sweet, sour and bitter in its recipes. The basic ingredients are rice and noodles, which are often served with oyster sauce, shrimps, vegetables, chicken and peanuts. Thai Chefs use all kinds of fish, seafood and meat in their dishes, blending them with vegetables or even fruits. But the main feature is the taste of chili pepper: more than 10 types are growing in Thailand.
Discover the most popular Thai dishes:
- sizzling soups like popular Tom Yum or Tom Kha;
- spicy vegetable salad with papaya - Som Tum;
- appetizing deep fried Thai shrimp cake;
- wheat, egg or rice noodles or rice as a garnish to seafood, meat or vegetables to remove the pungency of spicy food;
- and finally signature delicious desserts: mango sticky rice with coconut ice cream, Thai red rubies with jackfruit and coconut milk and local sweet passion fruit, papaya, mango, melon, durian and jackfruit.
Find an inspiration and treat yourself with a fantastic experience of hands-on cooking with our professional Chefs at our master classes! Join this tasty journey to Thailand in CulinaryOn.
Average class duration is 3 — 3.5 hours.